Trefriw

trefriwTrefriw is located on the western slopes of the glaciated Conwy valley, below the ridge of Cefn Cyfarwydd, the village having been largely built in a semicircle at the point where the river Crafnant flows from its hanging valley to join the river Conwy. The river Crafnant still provides power for the woollen mill, and in the past provided power for a number of other industries based along its banks, such as a forge which provided quarry tools. Most of the village lies within the Snowdonia National Park, the boundary running down the main street of the village.
 
Apart from its reputation as a good starting point for walks (the village has Walkers are Welcome status and stages an annual walking festival), Trefriw is today mostly known for its woollen mills, and for the nearby chalybeate spa, first known to have been used by the Romans and further developed in about 1700. Its waters were one of very few throughout Europe to have been classified as a medicine due to their high iron content.

Booking Information

Event date 13/01/2019
Reservations taken from 26/11/2018
Available places 44
Booking fee Member £13.00, Non-member £15, Under 18 - half these rates
Location North Wales